1646 Madrono Avenue
Palo Alto Life
Nestled in the coveted Southgate neighborhood in north Palo Alto, this classic 1920s Spanish style home has been expanded and updated to blend abundant charm with modern day conveniences. The flexible floor plan boasts gracious formal living areas exuding elegance and timeless appeal. French doors flow out to the picturesque outdoor setting offering privacy and endless opportunities to dine, entertain or lounge. Amenities include handsome hardwood floors, period detailing, EV charging station and Nest thermostats. Premier location on a non-through street just steps to Peers Park, Palo Alto High, Stanford University and a short stroll to Town & Country, Caltrain, vibrant California Avenue shopping/dining and weekly Sunday Farmers Market. Top rated Palo Alto schools.
- 4 bedrooms + office, 3 full baths
- Approximately 2,287 sf of living space
- Charming covered front porch entry
- Spacious formal living room features striking picture window and wood-burning fireplace
- French doors open to the formal dining room
- Updated eat-in kitchen with access to the backyard setting
- Convenient main level bedroom with adjacent full bath
- Expansive master suite features valuted ceilings, extensive closet space and large bath with dual sink vanity & jetted tub
- Two additional upstairs bedrooms--each with balconies
- Private and tranquil backyard setting offers multiple seating areas
- Detached 1-car garage with automatic opener
- Electrical vehicle charging station
- New paint inside/outside
- Newly refinished white oak hardwood floors
- New wool carpeting
- Many new fixtures and hardware
- New Bosch oven
- Nest thermostats + Nest carbon monoxide/smoke detectors
- Partial basement of approximately 218 sf offers abundant storage options or possibilities for wine cellar
Embodying tranquility and a true sense of community, the peaceful enclave of homes known as Southgate was originally named due to its location at the southern end of the Stanford campus. Many of the homes were built in the 1920s and range in style from charming bungalows to enchanting Tudors. Over time, many owners have expanded or remodeled their homes—but the with only two points of access into the neighborhood from El Camino and Churchill, Southgate is able to maintain a cozy and quaint atmosphere with very little through traffic.
Esteemed for its convenient and central location, many of Palo Alto’s top amenities are just moments away. Stroll to Peers Park, Palo Alto High, Stanford University or Town & Country Village. Vibrant downtown Palo Alto as well as California Avenue is also close by with access, to Caltrain, Mollie Stones Market, weekly Farmers’ Market and an array of dining options ranging from cafés to Michelin starred Baumé. For the outdoor enthusiast, the bucolic walking/running trails of The Dish in the Stanford Hills are just moments away and beckon year round enjoyment.
Adding to Southgate’s convenient location is the close proximity to major commute routes 101 and 280 with easy access to many of Silicon Valley's tech companies.